Canal and River Trust Pairs – Gloucester Canal Hempsted – Sunday Sept 10th 34 Anglers
High winds made fishing difficult for those fishing the long pole on the Gloucester Canal, nevertheless there were still some good weights recorded. On peg 47 on the old Hempsted Bend, Alan Jones (Daiwa Gordon League) continued his amazing run of bream dominated match wins this year, as he weighed in 38lb 6oz of bream for an easy win fishing groundbailt feeder with red maggot and worm. In second place on Peg 50, Jake Fowles (Daiwa Gordon League) fished long pole down the edge with red maggot over groundbait to weigh 20lbs 2oz of skimmers.
On the pairs front it was individual winner Alan Jones and his partner Phil Bendall (Daiwa Gordon League) who backed up Alan with a weight of 7lbs 7oz off peg 24 on the straight, who ran out winners with 29 points. Second was Steve Saunders and Mike Withey (Melksham) just behind with 28 points. Final qualifying place in a tight frame went to Dan Jones and Tom Potter (Trentmen) with 26 points, although they tied with the next two pairs on points they took the qualifying place by a weight countback.
1) Alan Jones (Daiwa Gordon League) – 38lbs 6oz
2) Jake Fowles (Daiwa Gordon league) – 20lbs 2oz
3) Charlie Vallender (Sensas Lobbys) – 19lbs 12oz
4) Mick Withey (Sensas Nomads) – 17lbs 3oz
5) Ian Didcot (Daiwa Dorking) – 16lbs 2oz
6) Andy Price (Sensas Lobbys) – 15lbs 2oz
1) Alan Jones and Phil Bendall – 29
2) Stve Saunders and Mick Withey – 28
3) Dan Jones and Tom Potter – 26 (26lbs 3oz)
4) Mark Treasure and Jake Fowles – 26 (25lbs 4oz)
5) Charlie Vallender and Andy Pollard – 26 (25lbs)
6) Liz Stone and Ian Didcote - 23