- Working on a range of consumer and trade publications – both in print and digital – within the angling/shooting field
- Sub edit copy from the company’s own journalists as well as outside contributors, covering a wide range of writing abilities – as DHP’s founder, David Hall, stated: “Better a good angler who can write a bit than a great journalist who knows little about fishing.” In other words, good subbing skills are needed!
- Proof read magazines at early stages in the production process before they go to print – a good eye for house style and detail is required
- Three days a week (to start with, maybe more in future)
- Will need to work in the office at least some of the time but depending on location can also work from home
- Excellent knowledge of written English, spelling and grammar required
- Angling knowledge would be a definite advantage; being a practising angler would be ideal!
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use Word and InDesign
- Consumer publications include Match Fishing, Pole Fishing, Total Carp, Advanced Carp Fishing, Total FlyFisher, Total Sea Fishing and Coarse Fishing Answers.
- rade publications include Tackle & Guns, Tackle Trade World and Gun Trade World
Contact chief sub editor David Haynes